Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A tonight in Algebra

Wow, my hard work is paying off. I got an A on the 1st test, the 4th quiz, and I think I did well tonight on the quiz. Today I studied all day. Did my homework. Arrived early to class. Had a cup of coffee. I sat in the front row ( as usual). I listen, and wrote down everything the teacher said. After the quiz I was the first one done with the quiz. The teacher said if you'd like to discuss the problems among yourselves, that it was OK. So, I got up and went around the class helping the other students. Half had 1 or 2 problems completed, and were stressing out so I helped them. I was the last to leave. Out of 50 students who started at the beginning of the semester only 12 are left. I have failed before but rarely do I quit. I will go down swinging. I go back and review, I look forward and preview. I set goals. I take lots and lots of notes and keep them very organized. I listen and make eye contact with the Teacher. I listen to the questions the other students ask. at Break I formed a click. I hope to form a study group next week. A Jr High school drop out.The last grade I completed was the 7th grade. Life had other plans at the time and I didn't have the opportunity to go to the the 8th grade, 9th grade,10th grade,11th grade or 12th grade. I went to Community College in the Air Force, got my EMT,EMT-P, LPN,& RN. I have spent 32 years as a professional in Emergency Nursing. I obtained an Associate of Science in Nursing Degree an RN. I have taken care of approx a half a million people. I thank God for the opportunities that have been given me. The opportunities to learn. A brain that can think. Family and friends support. Thank you everyone, especially my Teacher, and Thank my Higher Power for having my back ans showing me Grace..........Peace & Love Tim Harper University Student

1 comment:

BryanG said...

Tim-
I am incredibly inspired by your go get em attitude and perseverance. I have been having a hard time in work right now because not many baby boomers want advice from a 23 year old about retirement. I keep having thoughts about giving up, but it isn't an option for me! I keep reading your posts and they are reminding me that I need to keep moving forward and push through!

Bryan