Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Figure it out.

My Father was raised in a catholic orphanage in Brooklyn New York in the 1930's. think of the horror.he told me they beat him with a cat a nine tails and hung him by his arms in a closet all night.He told me he constantly had to fight to survive and protect his smaller younger foster brothers.At 17 he escaped and went in the army 1949 and was sent to the Korean war. There he learn how to kill with his bear hands, he was wounded twice, captured POW tortured and escaped.He was awarded the Bronze Star with the V insignia for Valor by General Ridgway on the battlefield.He raised a family, 4 boys, ran for mayor in Sherman Texas in 1962.he also ran and won the position as Guttenberg New Jersey Housing Commissioner. He built a Home for Seniors,over looking the Hudson river with a beautiful view of NYC.he owned an international Textile Corporation. He was a self made man. I posted a picture of him as an orphan. on Facebook. I had my own horrors as a child and teen.I am not prepared to explain what that means. Look at the pictures and try to figure it out.

No comments: