Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Have you ever failed?

I have failed many times in my life. I am comfortable with failure. What I am not comfortable with is quitting. I am a surviver. What I have learned about failure, is get back on track, as quickly, as possible, dust your self off, go back at it. Yea, I felt defeated, sat in whinny world for a little while, than, I dust my self off, and move forward. See, as a failure, I have no other choice, but continue onward. My algebra is challenging. I got a failing grade on my last test. Remember, I didn't ask for attending the University to be easy, asked for one day to have the opportunity to attend and learn. I have that. I have learned. "If they could see me now". my grade points doesn't put me out of the race. I just have to step it up a notch. Today I spent today study for tonight's quiz. I feel I will get an "A" on this quiz. I get the results next week.See, I dusted my self off. Came back at it. Studied harder today. I am committed to learning this information. I will go down swinging. I will take Elementary Algebra next semester, and the semester after that, if I have to. I will not quit. I will obtain this knowledge. Let me tell you about to of my fellow failures. Thomas Edison and Babe Ruth. Babe Ruth struck out more then he hit home runs, held the record for strikeouts. but, he dusted him self off, didn't whine about his childhood(orphan). but when he hit a home run the whole country cheered. Thomas Edison failed experiment after experiment 1000's of times before a success. light- bulb., I was a middle school drop out, no opportunity for high school. My elementary school report cards relates "F" after"F" with little comments, oh Tim would do well if he stopped being the class clown he might improve. or,If he took work home ( that wasn't an option). Thanks to all those teachers that use to hit me. Sorry it didn't help improve my grades. I did teach me to eventually to stop crying. to define my own definition of failure. Like a teacher who hits little kids, and the kid still doesn't pass. I was very grateful Mr Baim didn't beat me in front of the class. actually he was quite generous with his grading. He seems like a kind man. He hasn't hit me yet. I am going to go down swinging. A lot of people are looking up to me. I am trying to pass this class.Albert Einstein was a poor student ,flunked math and got kicked out of school. remember E=MC2, the theory of relativity, that was Albert. Those who look up to me. I am trying. I have already learned a lot from the Beginning . I am grateful. I am a Maryville University Student, I am a husband,father, Grandfather to be(12/15/10).I survived New York, I survived the USAF,I survived Community College,I survived Paramedic school LPN boards EMS school,GED(age16),New York School of hard knocks, La Guardia Community College at age 16, USAF Comm. College. Crafton Hills College,Paramedic school Yucipa CA,Riverside Community College, Riverside CA. many certifications in my related career field, computers, fax machines,telephone systems, pharmacology,cardiology,etc... I will succeed either this semester or the next. but, in the mean time, I am dusting my self off, and coming back strong. Thanks for your support I need that encouragement, we all do, PEACE & LOVE Tim

No comments: