Friday, February 27, 2009

Gratitude

I was having a pretty low day. When the nursing agency call and said they had an extra nursing case for me. This gives me a chance to moonlight and make a little extra money. So I agreed to it. they said, it's in a bad neighbor hood,the house was small and they had a dog, and the pay is 25%less then normal and they have a hard time keeping nurses going there because the gun shots in the area. Well I told them I came from humble beginnings and, dogs, small houses, bad neighborhoods.don't bother me, I am from New York City. 60 minutes did a segment, showing one block from my apt, in Jamaica, Queens, New York, as the most dangerous corner in the country. So, I walk with God and stay safe.

So I go for orientation for a 13 year old boy that has special needs and is unable to breath with out this ventilator machine. otherwise he seems like a cool kid. His mother stated he has never had a male nurse and was looking forward to the camaraderie.I met the whole family they all like me and I like them.This child can't wait till I return on Tuesday, I am going to be able to pull 4 or 5 shifts this month of March 09.It's funny how God would be so kind as to let me take care of this young man.God must have known I was feeling down and decided to shine down on me. Peace,Love and Respect....Tim P.S. I'll have to bring my guitar with me one day

1 comment:

Kate said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!! Thank you for sharing this powerful and wonderful story with us! Thank you for having the perspective that you do in order to see and communicate this example of the perfection of life and love. You are a miracle and such a great person.

Love you,
Kate