Tuesday, February 10, 2009

11years clean and serene


Well,I awoke today Sober, not having used drugs or alcohol for 11 years. It's a good feeling. No headache, no chaos, no crisis. To have people that I love and care about and people that love and care about me is really cool.I work a 12 step spiritual program, based upon progress along spiritual lines( not perfection). The indispensable principles are Honesty, open mindedness,and Willingness. Some of the other spiritual principles that make my recovery possible are Acceptance,Faith,Surrender,Hope, Commitment,Courage,Humility,Service,Unconditional Love,Integrity,Perseverance,Discipline,God-centeredness,Awareness,Vigilance,Sharing & Caring,Patience,Forgiveness,Optimism,Selflessness, Compassion,Consideration,Kindness,Positive Thinking,Responsibility,Tolerance,Trust,Unity,and Gratitude.

Some of the things going on in my life over the last year are,I turned 50,I started taking guitar lessons and have performed several times in public.I switched to an all vegetarian diet ( and have lost 30lbs), I started working out at the YMCA and have enrolled in an aerobics class call Zumba which is based on Latin dance,I am trying to get the outfit Jack Black wore in Nacho Libre with the mask and all.(I'll post pictures soon) The class starts 2/26/09. In August, Brenda and I became empty nesters. All the Kids moved out and are doing well, very successful.I am so proud of them all.

Thank you all for helping me. Every time, someone gave me, a hug or a word of encouragement, it really meant a lot to me .Keep giving out those hugs. Tomorrow night,Wednesday 2/11/09 at 8 pm, I will be speaking at my home group "Nitty Gritty" at the Trinity Episcopal Church basement 318 South Duchesne Dr. St Charles MO 63301 it is considered an "open meeting" so all are welcome......Sending out thoughts of Peace,Love,and Respect.......Tim H

1 comment:

John said...

Congratulations!

I'm still reading the blog when it pops up in my reader, so keep the posts coming

-J. Champagne