Monday, July 21, 2008

Thresher Fair


Well, I think I am an official Country Boy,now. This past weekend I went to a fiddle & banjo contest at the annual Thresher Fair. I didn't know what a thresher was,( it's a machine that separates the wheat and straw). The fair was located in Rosebud Missouri ( which if you go to nowhere and make a left and drive for about 50 miles you'll pass it, I mean pass it, turn around and this time don't blink).

The fiddle and banjo contest started at 5 pm, it was so hot , heat index over 100, the musicians had a hard time keeping there instruments tuned because of the heat, there was a 95 year old man playing fiddle ( for you city folk that's a violin). Afterwards they had the hay bale throwing contest,which I thought they were really heavy, but I tried it, and they weren't that heavy. I'll post a picture of me throwing a bale of hay ( I am getting to be such a country boy).

After that, the dance started, my wife's family were there, and there was a big dance, and Brenda's sister insisted on teaching me the two step. I really enjoyed myself,we stayed till midnight dancing, eating corn on the cob & barbecue and eating homemade ice cream.We had so much fun. My right hip was sore the next day from dancing.

Sunday, I went to church in the morning, and went to my groups "Area Service Monthly Meeting" ( and got to hear, the latest area politics, and saw a lot of friends).
I hope everyone is well out there , keep in touch, enjoy the dog days of summer, get out and do something , swimming, barbecue, hang with friends, dance, eat corn on the cob, homemade ice cream...........Peace,Love and Respect........Tim H.

No comments: