Thursday, July 3, 2008

Boston and Jan's Birthday

Well, the trip to Boston is now history. I helped drive the moving truck. Two of my sons are going to college there. Eric at Tufts, his girl Jenni at Northeastern, and Chris is checking out colleges this summer in Boston.

We also were there for the big 50 th birthday party, for my cousin Janet. There were family there from all over the country. I can't remember the last time I laughed and had so much fun, my family is cool. I had the opportunity to connect with family members I hadn't seen in years. That was Saturday. Sunday we went back to Janet's house and hung out for the day. Check out the video on YouTube" Boston and Jan's Birthday " my profile "bwaytim"

Sunday, late afternoon/evening I took the " T " to the North Station and went and saw the Old North Church. Then I walked all through the north side, down along the harbor, and than up through the market place, (saw cheers), over to the Old Corner Book Store, all along the Freedom Trail. Then I took the " T " back to the South Street stop on the B train, on the green line, right in front of my son's new apartment.

Monday,I took all my dirty laundry to the post office and mailed them back to St Louis , because I anticipated trouble at the airport. My son Eric booked the flight online and when they asked for any dietary needs, Eric tells them Hindu non-vegetarian. So here I am flying out of Logan airport(were the 911 terrorists flew out of), I am on a one way ticket. no luggage(I mailed my luggage home), and I have a long pony-tail. I anticipated at the very least a strip search, if not a down right body cavity search, but it turned out pretty uneventful.

We took the train from my sons apartment to the airport, I just love the mass transit system. So, I am home safely. I am dealing with things here. I have my guitar lesson tonight and I go back to work tomorrow. I hope everyone is fine and has a safe & fun 4 th of July.
God Bless America.....Peace,Love, and Respect..Tim Harper