Saturday, January 8, 2011

Opportunity

Yes, I am going to sign up for Intermediate Algebra. I was thinking it stressed me out so much last semester, taking Elementary Algebra,that I might not do it again. Then it occurred to me that I could not pass up this opportunity. I think back to when I didn't have the opportunity to go to the University,and I am so grateful now to be able to attend an institution of higher learning. It's not about pass or fail. It's about a dream fulfilled. Just getting to this level is more than I could ask for. Yes, it will be stressful again. Yes, I will work hard. Yes, I will struggle to meet the grade. But, I will be there. I will suit up and show up,as they say. I will enjoy the experience. I will be proud to realize the dream of my forefathers. I hope to set an example to future generations. One last note, it is so cool, to sling that book bag over your shoulder, and strut your stuff.

No comments: